Oven-Baked Beef and Quinoa Meatballs
Oven-Baked Beef-and Quinoa Meatballs
A simple and healthier variation for beef meatballs.
Recipe type: Main
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy creamer or water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1¾ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups jarred marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400° and grease a large baking dish with olive oil. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix all of the remaining ingredients except the marinara sauce. Form the ground-beef mixture into twelve 2½-inch meatballs.
- Arrange the meatballs in the baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until just cooked through. Spoon the marinara sauce on top and bake until the sauce is hot, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.