Recipe type: Main
- 8 ½ pound salmon fillets with skin, at room temperature
- Olive oil
- 1 cup finely minced fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Lightly brush the flesh side of the salmon fillets with olive oil. Completely cover the fillets with chives and gently press into the flesh. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Place the fillets skin side down on a nonstick or lightly oiled, foil lined cookie sheet. Roast for exactly 17 minutes. Place the fillets in a serving dish. Serve at room temperature, with a dill sauce or tartar sauce.