From a Taste of Pesach
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 2 (1 pound) bags shredded green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sugar, or to taste
- 6 eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup potato starch
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat one 9×13-inch or two 9-inch round pans with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Sauté onions until light brown. Add cabbage. Cover the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted. Add salt, pepper and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add egg yolks, stirring rapidly while adding, so the eggs don’t curdle. Add potato starch.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into cabbage mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan(s). Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden.