So refreshing! This works with other fruit too, like mango or cantelope.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups peach puree (from about 3 pounds very ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and pureed)
- ¾ cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water, simmered together into a syrup), or more if needed
- ¼ cup water, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 drops almond extract, optional
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding water to weaken or simple syrup to intensify, if necessary. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions. Or transfer to a 9-inch square baking pan, cover, and freeze until solid. Up to 2 hours before serving, remove from the freezer, let soften lightly, then cut the frozen sorbet into chunks with a blunt table knife. Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth and almost doubled in volume. Serve immediately or transfer to a plastic container, seal tightly, and return to the freezer until serving time.