Don’t hesitate to doctor these up with the additions below.
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 12 pieces
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Passover mustard
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon. salt
- Cut peeled eggs in half carefully. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. In a small bowl, mash egg yolks. Stir in remaining ingredients except egg white halves. Stir until desired consistency, either smooth or chunky.
- Spoon or pipe yolk filling into egg whites. Chill, if desired. Garnish, if desired, with parsley and sprinkle with paprika.
- Add ins: For a different taste…add 1 tablespoon pickle relish or finely chopped sweet pickles; OR ¼ cup finely diced pastrami; OR 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, ½ teaspoon cumin and hot pepper sauce to taste.