- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup (220g) white sugar
- 3 teaspoons potato or tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Nondairy whipped cream and fresh fruit, to serve
- Heat: Preheat oven to 300°F. Line an 18 cm round pie dish with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix: Place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating well until the mixture is glossy. Sift the tapioca starch over, add the vinegar and fold through. Transfer to fill the dish, spooning the mixture 4cm up the side to form a shell.
- Bake: Place in the oven, reduce the heat to 250°F and cook for 1 hour or until meringue is crisp. Turn the oven off and allow the meringue to cool in the oven. Use an electric mixer to whisk cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Transfer pavlova to a serving plate. Fill the center of the shell and top with cream, berries, and icing sugar.
Recipe by Orly Gottesman, BlendsByOrly.com
Orly Gottesman discovered her passion for baking while living in Paris. She apprenticed for a French pastry chef at a patisserie in the 5th Arrondissement. Orly received her formal training at Le Cordon Bleu in Sydney, Australia. She pioneered an independent study on gluten free product development and her research was published in the student curriculum. She was then hired to develop a line of gluten free favorite pastries and breads under the brand “Orly the Baker” for Chompies, an iconic restaurant chain in Phoenix, Arizona. Orly spent over three years developing and perfecting a range of gluten free flour blends and recipes. Her innovation is motivated by her culinary discoveries during her travels around the globe.
Orly’s mission is to allow people on a gluten free diet to make any recipe without sacrificing taste, texture and quality. Blends by Orly, her line of five uniquely formulated gluten-free flours has been received with enthusiasm as a long-sought solution for the gluten-free consumer. Her drive to make delicious gluten free products is inspired by her husband, a wold class foodie, who was diagnosed with celiac disease. Orly has a B.S from NYU and is a trained vocalist and pianist.