- 1 cup (250g) margarine
- 1 cup (300g) tightly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250g) dark chocolate squares or chips, melted
- ½ cup (80g) potato starch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup (65g) cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ heaping cup (100g) walnuts chopped
- 1 cup (100g) mini-Passover marshmallows
- Nut Butter Frosting (optional):
- ¼ (57g) cup margarine
- ½ (125g) cup cashew or almond butter
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp nondairy cream or milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 9" square tin with baking paper.
- Mix: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Add the melted chocolate and mix until fully incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix together potato starch, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix on medium-high speed until combined into a thick batter. Add walnuts and marshmallows and incorporate through the mixture. Pour the batter into the pan and use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Frosting: Mix the margarine and nut butter together until combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar and starting on slow speed, whip together until the sugar is completely mixed in. Add 1 Tbsp of nondairy cream/milk and 1 tsp of vanilla extract and continue to whip together on high speed until you have a soft and smooth consistency. Spread this mixture on top of the brownie batter or swirl within the batter using a spatula.
- Bake: Bake brownies on center rack for 30-35 minutes. Allow the brownies to cool on a rack.
Recipe by Orly Gottesman, BlendsByOrly.com
Orly Gottesman discovered her passion for baking while living in Paris. She apprenticed for a French pastry chef at a patisserie in the 5th Arrondissement. Orly received her formal training at Le Cordon Bleu in Sydney, Australia. She pioneered an independent study on gluten free product development and her research was published in the student curriculum. She was then hired to develop a line of gluten free favorite pastries and breads under the brand “Orly the Baker” for Chompies, an iconic restaurant chain in Phoenix, Arizona. Orly spent over three years developing and perfecting a range of gluten free flour blends and recipes. Her innovation is motivated by her culinary discoveries during her travels around the globe.
Orly’s mission is to allow people on a gluten free diet to make any recipe without sacrificing taste, texture and quality. Blends by Orly, her line of five uniquely formulated gluten-free flours has been received with enthusiasm as a long-sought solution for the gluten-free consumer. Her drive to make delicious gluten free products is inspired by her husband, a wold class foodie, who was diagnosed with celiac disease. Orly has a B.S from NYU and is a trained vocalist and pianist.