- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 1 lemon (2-3 Tablespoons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- paprika, for garnish
- Place quinoa and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Process until just blended.
- Add remaining ingredients; continue to blend. Scrape down the sides and blend again, for approximately 30 seconds. Do not over-blend or the mixture will become gummy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with olive oil and chopped parsley; sprinkle with paprika.
PREPARE AHEAD: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
COOK’S TIP: 1 cup uncooked quinoa prepared according to package directions will yield at least 2 cups cooked quinoa. You can add the rest to make Quinoa Tabuli or any other quinoa recipe.
Recipe from Perfect for Pesach by Naomi Nachman
Artscroll/Shaar Press / March 2017