Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Cream Pie
Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Cream Pie (Dairy)
Recipe type: Dessert
- 16-20 chocolate macaroon cookies, store-bought or other chocolate cookie
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries, plus more for serving (or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Two 6-ounce containers vanilla or strawberry yogurt (if using vanilla, add ¼ cup strawberry preserves)
- One 3.4-ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, crush the macaroons in a food processor (or smash in a ziptop bag with a rolling pin). Stir in the melted margarine until combined. Pour into a regular pie pan and press the crumbs all over the pan and up the sides to make a crust. Bake for 5 minutes, to slightly toast crust. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mash strawberries and sugar with a fork. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the yogurt (and preserves) with the instant vanilla pudding mix (just the powder itself). Beat on low until combined, about 1 minute. Pour in the heavy cream and whip on low for 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Turn the mixer on medium-high speed and beat until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the mixer, then fold in the mashed strawberries until just combined. Pour into the cooled crust and spread evenly. Freeze until very firm, about 2 hours. Cut into slices and top each slice with dollops of whipped cream and extra strawberries.